Anthologie de Musique Suisse Plakat

musique_poster.jpg

Check out this stunning poster by the legendary Josef Müller-Brockmann. I’ve never seen this poster design before so it’s gotten me really excited! I’ll have to check my Brockmann books to see if it’s in there, but I don’t recall ever seeing it.

The color palette and the use of a few circles to create the shape of a record make this design stunning. But my favorite part of it all is how the typography, even though staggered, still lines up to a sound grid system. Brilliant.

You can grab this poster on eBay for $300. I’m so tempted.

16 Comments on "Anthologie de Musique Suisse Plakat"

• the baseline of the text on the vinyl tracks is what does it for me.

• Yes, that’s really beautiful, I don’t recall that being in any of my JM-B books either. $300 for a Müller-Brockmann poster – is that some kind of record? (sorry…)

• I’ve seen Brockmann posters go for $600. It’s nuts.

• Alvin Martinez says

They have a huge collection of Brockmann prints, some too expensive, others not so much. But they also have a lot of other prints from pioneers of the International Typographic Style. My favs are the entire 1972 Olympic poster series from Aicher.

• Wow!! It’s stunning! Same here, never seen it before!
    Wish I had $300 to splurge!

• Nikolay says

Awesome find Antonio. It’s a rare gem!

• I wonder what the typeface is,
    I like the low crossbar on the uppercase A.

• Michael says

Thanks for the great find.

• lance dior says

Do grids actually give you an erection, Antonio?

• Rob says

• Bender says

“Sorry but this poster does nothing for me aesthetically. To be brutally honest it’s pretty awful and looks like it’s been knocked up in Microsoft Word.”

Yeah, it could be done with Word! That’s the testament of bad design.
    Where are all the gradients? Obnoxious swirls and exploding people? Crappy dropshadows and nauseating bevels? Sheesh.

• laily says

Clean and beautiful, young designers these days just don`t get it do they…

• Rob says

I fully get it. Minimalism is the way to work. ”The most important tool in a designers toolbox is white space”. I just think this is a very dull and boring example of minimalism. Clean, agreed. Beautiful, I beg to differ.

• To each his own I guess. What’s frustrating is that some people think this can easily be reproduced. Just because the design is minimal, doesn’t make it easier to create. In most situations it’s more difficult. Brockmann was a master. He knowledge of design goes beyond these “simple” designs.

• Alvin Martinez says

@Rob “To be brutally honest it’s pretty awful and looks like it’s been knocked up in Microsoft Word.”

Oh please. Your hyperbole fails. Minimalist design is not as easy as it looks, especially when clients feel like they absolutely need to have anything and everything in their designs because they think it’s cool to overwhelm the eye and lose the message.

• Warren Paea says

anyone know who the client for this piece was and what it says or is communicating? finding it hard to find this information.. any help would be much appreciated