Matilda Saxow

matildasaxow.jpg

Nice work by designer Matilda Saxow. No real website, just a downloadable PDF of her work. I hate when designers do that.

According to Ellen, Matlida has designed the latest issue of Grafik Magazine.

10 Comments on "Matilda Saxow"

• Glenn says

Nice one Antonio! Will have to steal that one for FFF 😉

• david says

The site was quite disappointing. She could have at least made the page look more inviting. After all she is a designer right? The work is nice though

• Maria says

what’s up with designers having such bad websites (if holding a pdf is called a site).Mmm, not very courteous. Her two examples here are excellent. But I def. skip the PDF portfolios.

• jim says

gray backgrounds….the new white background?

I’m not sure what the deal is with PDF portfolio’s. I see it all the time and it’s rather annoying. There is no reason why any designer should have a PDF portfolio instead of an actual portfolio site. Especially with Indexhibit around.

• Daniel says

Hi
    I was just reading this post, my opinion is that its always about the work, and her work is amazing.

Id rather see work like this, laid out in a PDF than some of the stuff I see floating around the web that is poorly designed and crudely laid out. Its just my personal opinion though.

Daniel, you do make a good point. In the end it’s all about the work but isn’t the designers website an extension of his or hers work?

• Maria says

the comment about having a portfolio has more than one approach:
    ONE: presentation TWO:content.
    She has been showcased here for her superb work (content), but the format of her work is what is being discussed as an issue for some.

• James says

I think a PDF portfolio is as good as a website. At least it’s functional. Better than an ultra self-indulgent, annoying flash site with too many bells and whistles.

Her type work is beautifully crafted. If I had any criticism then it would be that her portfolio is a little limited. Would be nice to see how she creatively deals with work where you can’t pick the typeface yourself.

James I agree about the Flash sites. I used to do Flash development at work but I’ve personally reached the point where I can’t stand it any longer. Too many designers try to do too much with. It’s become a barrier between the user and the work.