Jazz Record Covers

jazzcovers.jpg

I found this MASSIVE collection of Jazz record covers so big that I didn’t have enough time to go through it all. But the stuff that I did see is absolutely amazing. There are even hi-res versions of each cover.

12 Comments on "Jazz Record Covers"

• Crispi says

Yes, great site. It’s my main source for iTunes covers, by the way. Some of these reissue CDs nowadays don’t even come with the original cover, which is a shame.
    There’s some books by Graham Marsh you might be interested in. Along with “The Cover Art of Blue Note” there’s also “California Cool” and “East Coasting” (a.k.a. “New York Hot”), although the last two may be hard to find. A great source of inspiration, they feature LP-sized album covers.

• christian says

Great side indeed, I strongly suggest the book *Blue Note: Album Cover Art *, available on amazon.com, great showcase of the beautiful graphic design of the late Reid Miles, art director for the Blue Note collection. Back the ’60s the Blue Note feeling wasn’t only about great music, but also from those great great covers featuring also beautiful shots taken by Alfred Lion. Strongly reccomended!

• Diogo says

Great find! i will definitely spend some time looking at them all.

• Richard says

Thanks for reminding me about Blue Note Antonio. I’ve got the book that Christian mentions in the loft somewhere and that top one, “spring” had a major effect on me when I first saw it.

• christian says

I’m so in love with the Blue Note design that I’ve made myself and got printed a couple of 50×100 cm. poster made of my all-time favourite BN records covers.
    They look pretty good but I’m planning to have them re-printed on a special cool paper of some kind in the future. If anyone’s interested in high resolution pdf of the posters, no problem, drop a line here in the comments. :)

@ christian
    I’d love to see that poster. Send over the PDF. I’m definitely going to check out that book you recommended.

@Richard
    The spring cover is perfect. I love it.

• frank says

Wow! Those are fantastic! Thanks!

• kimblim says

That “Unity”-cover was made into a huge poster that they used to have at Habitat in Manchester – I don’t know if it’s still available, but it could be out there somewhere. Oh, obviously it was absolutely amazing!

• Savio says

great selection. cannot find the hi res versions on the site you mentioned… does anyone know of any site where you can print these LP covers for non-commercial use

@christian: please send me the pdf of the posters, i would love to print them and stick them up on my wall.

• nat says

@christian – please could you send me the pdf of the posters, would love them

@kimblim – the Unity framed poster you are talking about is still available at Habitat – look at their website under “whats new” “Art Demand”

• JC says

Hi Christian I’d also love a copy of that PDF you reference! Thanks very much in advance!

• Samuel Sehlberg says

Hi,
    Im from Sweden and are looking for posters from jazz album covers to put on the wall. Do you still have those PDF-files? I would love to see them. Do you know any sites that sell posters from jazz covers?
    Happy Jazz Christmas.