50 Designers’ Current Favourite Typefaces

50designers.jpg

Excellent book by UK studio Create/Reject featuring favorite typefaces by 50 designers. The list includes Wim Crouwel, Experimental Jetset and Build. You can purchase a copy here. All proceeds go to UNICEF.

14 Comments on "50 Designers’ Current Favourite Typefaces"

• Maria says

I like the concept of the book
    But I DO DISlike the fact that omits all information regarding each-one of the typefaces in the book (not a name on it).

Maria are you sure? There has to be some kind of indication of what each typeface is.

• Sander says

Great initiative! Just ordered. Thanks for the mention.

• Maria says

Antonio,
    I asked the designer -James West- yesterday via email, and he said the book does not have that type/name/foundry information. He mention “personal” preferences for that,He said -out of the record-: “I didn’t want it to end up looking like a type specimen book, but instead more of a visual representation of what is liked type-wise rather than just a list.”

He was very kind and of course respecting his awesome initiative is always first in my opinion.

But yeah, I had to express my dissent in regards to this “solution”.

• Maria says

PS: I ordered 2 books regardless, which probably will have some hand written research on the bak of each page.

Maria, I agree that it would have been better to include the name of the face and the foundry but I bought two copies as well since it’s a great initiative.

• Maria says

Dear Antonio,
    SO I got the book today (after a couple of months).
    I was wondering if you would leave some sort of entry in your blog dedicated to finding this book’s showcased typefaces. A mini blog?
    Let’s unite to make this book useful on the user end.
    Thanks,
    M

Maria, I still haven’t received mine, thanks for reminding me. But I can definitely set up a list and we can populate it as we find the faces. Since you have the book already do you ming putting together a list of the designers in the book and emailing it to me? That way I can get started with formating the list.

• Maria says

Will Do, Thanks!

Maria, thanks. I sent James an email to make sure he’s cool with us doing this. Hopefully it gets some attention and James ends up selling more books. It would also be a nice resource for designers.

• Dan says

Has anyone in the States received their copy of the book yet? I only ask because it’s been several months since I paid for mine and my mailbox is getting kinda lonely. :^(

Dan, I received mine last week.

• Dan says

Thanks. I sent them an email last night. Hopefully I’ll get a response. I’m brimming with excited anticipation over receiving the book!

• Tom says

Does anyone know if a list of all the typefaces has been put together anywhere yet?